I recently discovered the books Infuse: Oil, Spirit, Water and Shake: a new perspective on cocktails (I highly recommend both!), and have been having a blast experimenting with new botanical drinks and infusions. It's amazing what you can create with just a few simple ingredients!
My most recent experiment was a peach-infused bourbon. This one has to sit for 4 weeks, but it's so easy to make and definitely worth the wait. I used some super-flavorful, organically grown peaches I found at farmers market, and my bourbon turned out perfectly sweet and very peachy. Here's how I did it:
14 oz Kentucky Bourbon
- Slice peaches and combine with bourbon in a mason jar
- Seal and shake to combine
- Let sit in a cool, dark place for 4 weeks
- Strain through a cheesecloth and enjoy!
Infuse recommends using the peach bourbon to make their "Spiced Bourbon Old Fashioned" (recipe also in the book), but I decided to hit up craft-cocktail-guru and booze-wizard Parker Yates to create an original (and delicious) CRUDE cocktail recipe to share with you! Check out Parker's recipe below.
1 1/2 oz Peach Bourbon
3/4 oz Simple Syrup
1/2 oz Freshly Juiced Ginger
1/4 oz Lemon Juice
1 barspoon St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram
- Combine with ice in a cocktail shaker
- Shake well and serve in an old fashioned glass
- Garnish with candied ginger and enjoy!